Owner: Dog may have been poisoned at Westminster

This samoyed is similar to the one allegedly poisoned.

NEW YORK (AP) -- A dog owner says she thinks there's a chance her prized pet was deliberately poisoned while competing at the Westminster Kennel Club show.

Four days after competing, the dog died, on Feb. 16, while at a show in Colorado.

Lynette Blue tells The Associated Press that her 3-year-old Samoyed named Cruz probably swallowed poison during the recent show.

But she said Thursday she's not sure how it happened, and may never know.

The dog's death was first reported by The New York Times.

Westminster issued a statement Thursday saying it wasn't aware of any dogs ever being poisoned at its show.

The 137th Westminster drew 2,721 entries earlier this month.

Lynette Blue tells The Associated Press that her 3-year-old Samoyed named Cruz probably swallowed poison during the recent show.

But she said Thursday she's not sure how it happened, and may never know.

The dog's death was first reported by The New York Times.

Westminster issued a statement Thursday saying it wasn't aware of any dogs ever being poisoned at its show.

The 137th Westminster drew 2,721 entries earlier this month.




 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus