GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) -- As spring cleaning continues this weekend, residents on the Western Slope have an opportunity to clean out their medicine cabinet.
Mesa, Montrose and Delta counties will be participating in the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day this Saturday, April 17 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Each agency will set up boxes where you can throw away your unused pills, and they will make sure the drugs are disposed of properly.
Mesa County will have four locations available:
- Palisade Town Hall: 175 E. Third St.
- Mesa County Sheriff's Office: 215 Rice St.
- Grand Junction Police Department: 555 Ute Ave.
- Fruita Police Department: 101 W. McCune Ave.
Delta County drop-offs are as follows:
- Delta Police Department: 215 W. 5th St.
- Bill Heddles Recreation Center: 530 Gunnison River Dr.
Montrose County will also have four locations:
- City Market: 128 S. Townsend Ave.
- 2nd City Market: 16400 S. Townsend Ave.
- Walgreens: 2351 S. Townsend Ave.
- Target: 3530 Wolverine Dr.
This is the first of two drug take-back events this year.