Authorities are reminding residents about space heater safety after a morning fire destroys a storage unit.
Fire crews were dispatched to a storage lot at 378 27 1/2 Road around 4:50 a.m. Sunday morning.
The fire department says a man was working in one of the storage units and was using a propane space heater to stay warm. The heater was too close to some combustibles, and ended up starting a fire throughout the shed.
Firefighters were able to contain the flames just to the one unit, but it was a complete loss.
Fortunately no one was injured during the accident, but authorities remind all trying to keep warm this winter to make sure their heaters are in safe locations.