Storage lot fire caused by portable heater

By  | 

Authorities are reminding residents about space heater safety after a morning fire destroys a storage unit.

Fire crews were dispatched to a storage lot at 378 27 1/2 Road around 4:50 a.m. Sunday morning.

The fire department says a man was working in one of the storage units and was using a propane space heater to stay warm. The heater was too close to some combustibles, and ended up starting a fire throughout the shed.

Firefighters were able to contain the flames just to the one unit, but it was a complete loss.

Fortunately no one was injured during the accident, but authorities remind all trying to keep warm this winter to make sure their heaters are in safe locations.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus