Authorities are reminding residents about space heater safety after a morning fire destroys a storage unit.
Fire crews were dispatched to a storage lot at 378 27 1/2 Road around 4:50 a.m. Sunday morning.
The fire department says a man was working in one of the storage units and was using a propane space heater to stay warm. The heater was too close to some combustibles, and ended up starting a fire throughout the shed.
Firefighters were able to contain the flames just to the one unit, but it was a complete loss.
Fortunately no one was injured during the accident, but authorities remind all trying to keep warm this winter to make sure their heaters are in safe locations.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.