Fire breaks out in Walgreens dumpster

By: Sara Zendehnam Email
By: Sara Zendehnam Email

Grand Junction, Colo (KKCO) --- A fire broke out at a dumpster at Walgreens on First and Patterson Road leading to an evacuation of the whole store.

The dumpster was attached to the store, but the fire was contained quickly. Although merchandise in the store was not damaged, the warehouse had damages up to $15,000.

Authorities have yet to determine a cause, but believe it was accidental and sparked from hot coals thrown away in the dumpster without properly being put out first.

No injuries or deaths were reported.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 208914351 - nbc11news.com/a?a=208914351
Gray Television, Inc.