A man who identified himself as kidnapped contractor Paul Johnson Reuben from Buffalo Minnesota, is seen in this image taken from video made available to the Associated Press on Wednesday Jan. 3, 2007. Severed fingers of five Western contractors including Reuben, were sent to the U.S. military in Iraq, giving the men's relatives hope that they are still alive, a brother of one of the missing men said. The men were abducted in two separate incidents that occurred a month and a half apart more than two years ago, a U.S. government official said Thursday, March 13, 2008, in Washington.(AP Photo/Via AP Television)
Washington (AP) The FBI says it has identified the remains of two more U.S. contractors kidnapped in Iraq.
FBI Spokesman Richard Kolko says the agency has confirmed the deaths of Paul Johnson-Reuben of Minneapolis and Joshua Munns of Redding, California. The FBI is awaiting test results on the remains of a third body.
The two men were among six western contractors kidnapped in Iraq more than a year ago. Families had held out hope they might be alive. But that hope began to fade this week, when the remains of Ronald Withrow of Roaring Springs, Texas, and John Roy Young of Kansas City, missouri, were identified.
The case received attention earlier this month when the severed fingers of five of the men were sent to the U.S. military in Iraq.