Mesa State Student Injured in Explosion

By: Kieran Wilson Email
By: Kieran Wilson Email

A Mesa State theater student is in the hospital Tuesday after gun powder exploded in his face.

The second year college student was backstage testing pyrotechnics when a two inch flash pod exploded in his face. Mesa State's Theater Department Head Richard Cowden says that the student was not wearing safety goggles when he should have been. Cowden says that the student is suffering from first and second degree burns.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 18032099