Mesa State Student Injured in Explosion

By: Kieran Wilson Email
By: Kieran Wilson Email

A Mesa State theater student is in the hospital Tuesday after gun powder exploded in his face.

The second year college student was backstage testing pyrotechnics when a two inch flash pod exploded in his face. Mesa State's Theater Department Head Richard Cowden says that the student was not wearing safety goggles when he should have been. Cowden says that the student is suffering from first and second degree burns.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 18032099 - nbc11news.com/a?a=18032099
Gray Television, Inc.