Update: House Fire Caused by Electrical Malfunction

By: Tim Ciesco Email
By: Tim Ciesco Email

Officials say a house fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage was most likely the result of an electrical malfunction.

The fire broke out just before 2:00am Saturday in the 400 block of 29 Road.

Officials say the blaze was difficult to battle because firefighters couldn't get inside the house right away. They say smoke and flames were so bad inside the house, a ventilation hole had to be cut in the roof to help control the heat.

Damage to the home is estimated at $85,000.

Fire officials say they've located an area of origin but will probably never know exactly what sparked the flames. They have ruled the fire an accident.


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 18847244 - nbc11news.com/a?a=18847244