Cigarette May To Be to Blame for Trailer Fire

By: KKCO Email
By: KKCO Email

Firefighters say a cigarette is likely to blame for a fire that caused thousands of dollars worth of damage to a trailer home.

Just before 6:30 this evening, firefighters responded to 32 road in Clifton. Firefighters say the residents had tried putting out the fire with a bucket of water.

Crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly.

The fire chief tells us everyone made it out of the trailer safely, but firefighters did have to rescue a very nervous cat.

Damage to the trailer is estimated at 5 thousand dollars.

KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 19764414 -
Gray Television, Inc.