The Mesa County Health Department is reminding parents to be vigilant about safeguarding household chemicals after three Grand Junction children found themselves in poison trouble this week.
The Grand Junction Fire Department says two children got a hold of some pepper spray this morning in Orchard Mesa.
The children, 3 and 4 years old, then accidentally sprayed it into their own eyes.
On Tuesday, another child attempted to eat “Icyhot”.
According to the Mesa County Health Department, more than 25,000 Colorado children five years old and younger got into medical trouble with chemicals, just last year.
The Health Department says incidents like this are a good reminder about household poison and chemical safety.
The Health Department says keep chemicals out of reach or locked up, and to talk to your children about what’s safe and what’s not.
If you ever have a problem, don’t hesitate to contact Poison Control: (800) 222-1222.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus