Orchard Mesa Fire Result of Power Tool

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email

Fire investigators say sparks from a tool ignited a garage fire that caused more than $50 thousand in damage to an Orchard Mesa home yesterday.

The Grand Junction Fire Department says a boy using a grinding tool didn't realize embers fell on the floor and later sparked..

When the Grand Junction Fire Department got there they found heavy fire and smoke coming from the garage on East Lynwood.

A woman was home but escaped without injury.

Fire crews rescued her dog that was too scared to come out.


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 25589149 - nbc11news.com/a?a=25589149
Gray Television, Inc.