The fire at a natural gas well in Rolison has been extinguished.
It was certainly a long battle to get the blaze out. Flames burned for more than 15 hours and they went out just before 6:00 p.m. Wednesday. Crews poured mud down the well, which extends a mile below the surface.
Although the flames are extinguished, natural gas is still billowing out.
The natural gas well, Cyclone One, belongs to Williams Energy Services. The fire started just after 2:00 a.m. Wednesday, no one was injured in the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.