UPDATE: Gas Well Fire Extinguished

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email

The fire at a natural gas well in Rolison has been extinguished.

It was certainly a long battle to get the blaze out. Flames burned for more than 15 hours and they went out just before 6:00 p.m. Wednesday. Crews poured mud down the well, which extends a mile below the surface.

Although the flames are extinguished, natural gas is still billowing out.

The natural gas well, Cyclone One, belongs to Williams Energy Services. The fire started just after 2:00 a.m. Wednesday, no one was injured in the fire.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 27523584 - nbc11news.com/a?a=27523584
Gray Television, Inc.