Montrose Man Doing Better After Explosion

By: KKCO Email
By: KKCO Email

The man whose house was flattened in an explosion in Montrose earlier this month is doing better.

Lewis Willson is still recovering in the burn unit at the Northern Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, but this afternoon he is in "good" condition.

That's an improvement from fair condition 10 days ago, Willson was seriously injured in the explosion. Montrose fire officials say there was a propane gas leak in Willson's home when he lit a cigarette and ignited the explosion.

His home is a total loss.


KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 31120564 - nbc11news.com/a?a=31120564
Gray Television, Inc.