Blow Dryer May Have Started Bathroom Fire

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email

An electrical short in a hair dryer may be to blame for starting a bathroom on fire today.

According to the homeowners at 962 Walnut Avenue, a woman was blow-drying her hair when the dryer stopped working. She put it down and then left for work.

A short time later her husband came home to let the dog out and that's when he noticed the bathroom was on fire.

The Grand Junction fire department was called out to put the blaze out.

Damage to the home is estimated at $5,000

No one was injured.


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 36837984 - nbc11news.com/a?a=36837984
Gray Television, Inc.