Denver (AP) A Wisconsin company says 3,600 pounds of bacon bits used in sandwiches and burritos sold by Colorado convenience stores were possibly contaminated with a bacteria.
Home Fresh Sandwich Distributors says they have recalled the food and removed the snacks from the 7-Eleven and small independent stores where they were sold. There have been no reported illnesses.
Colorado department of Public Health and Environment spokeswoman Lori Maldonado says people who ate the food should contact their doctor if they become sick.
The bacon bits may have been contaminated with listeria bacteria, which can cause the potentially fatal disease listeriosis. Symptoms include fever, nausea and severe headaches.
Post Your Comments
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.