Electric Blanket Blamed for Palisade House Fire

By: Tim Ciesco Email
By: Tim Ciesco Email


Fire officials say an electric blanket is most likely to blame for a fire that ripped through a Palisade home Monday.

The Palisade Fire Department says a pile of items was placed on top of the blanket, which had been left on in a lower floor bedroom of a home on Majestic Court.

The fire broke out just after 11:00am Monday. Officials say crews had most of the fire under control within 15 minutes of arriving on scene, but spent much longer making sure it was completely extinguished.

Officials call the home a total loss.

Neighbors tell 11 News the family that lived in the home, the Boumans, had just finished remodeling it themselves. They say Mr. Bouman was also recently laid off from his welding job on the oil rigs.

KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 40268252 - nbc11news.com/a?a=40268252
Gray Television, Inc.