Cigarette Starts Couch Fire Downtown

By: KKCO Email
By: KKCO Email

Fire officials say a cigarette may have sparked a fire in an alley on Colorado Avenue.

The fire broke out this afternoon on a couch. Firefighters were able to quickly knock out the flames. Authorities say the couch is used a lot by folks who smoke. The Police Department contacted a couple of juveniles in the area but no arrests were made. There were no witnesses.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 40747747