Man Asleep While His Home is in Flames

By: 11 News - Email
By: 11 News - Email

A fire causes around $100,000 worth of damage to a home in the Redlands.
The fire broke out just before 2:00a.m. at 571 Meadowlark Lane.
Fire officials say they had to use two hoses and cut a hole in the roof and remove the ceiling in four rooms just to get the flames out.
There was one person home when the fire started, he says he doesn't know how he work up, but he was able to and got out of the house safely. they woke up to the smell of smoke and got out unharmed.
There was a smoke detector in the house but officials say it wasn't working and didn't go off.
Fire fighters say the fire was likely caused when a chimney fire ignited combustibles in the attic.
A 12 inch water lizard also survived the fire..


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 41266082 - nbc11news.com/a?a=41266082
Gray Television, Inc.