People Seeking Shelter Sent Into the Cold

By: 11 News Email
By: 11 News Email

Homeless people looking for a place to sleep spent some of Saturday night out in the cold, when a gas leak forced them out of the rescue mission shelter.
The Grand junction Fire Department arrived to the Rescue Mission's Men's Homeless Shelter late last night after people sleeping there smelled carbon monoxide leaking into the house.
All 40 people inside were evacuated, and had to stay outside until the house was aired–out.
The home still doesn't have any utilities and won't until the entire place is inspected by the city to ensure there will be no more leaks when they turn the gas back on.
People can still sleep there tonight even though there won't be heat.


KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 41290737 - nbc11news.com/a?a=41290737
Gray Television, Inc.