House fire starts in chimney

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email

A family had to evacuate their home early this morning after a fire started in their chimney.
The Grand Junction Fire Department was called out to the home on Larkspur Lane around 2 a.m.
Fire crews say four adults and two children were inside at the time and there isn't a smoke detector inside the house. Two victims were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
One of the children at the home woke up because smoke was irritating his throat and was able to get his family out in time.
The family that will now be staying with some friends.
The fire caused $50,000 in damage. Officials say the fire was an accident.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 41823517 - nbc11news.com/a?a=41823517