A smoky mailbox causes quite the stir in a redlands neighborhood Thursday.
Just after 4:00 PM a woman opened her mailbox to find a small plastic bottle with a steaming liquid in it. The sheriff's office, the Grand Junction Fire Department and the bomb squad were all called out. The bottle never exploded but it did expand, officials say there was an acid substance inside that could have seriously injured someone.
The sheriff's office doesn't believe the house was specifically targeted and there is no suspect information at this time.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.