Fire investigators say a cigarette sparked a fire that displaced 14 people and destroyed two apartments in Clifton.
It's an update to a story we first brought you on 11 News today.
Fire crews were called to the building on Tracy Drive at about 2:15 a.m. this morning.
When they arrived they saw flames shooting from the roof on the back side of the building.
The nine adults and five children living inside the building's four units were forced to evacuate.
One person was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
The Clifton Fire Department says the fire started by accident after someone dropped a smoldering cigarette
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.