Officials say charges could soon be filed against the suspect in the downtown Grand Junction serial arsonist case.
The Grand Junction Police Department tells 11 News as of Thursday, it had turned all evidence and reports in the case to the District Attorney's office, who will then decide what kind of action, if any, will be taken against the suspect.
Officials say that information only links the suspect to some of the 19 fires set in downtown Grand Junction homes from January to May 2008.
Police would not say if any arrests have been made in the case. Fire officials previously told 11 News that they had good reason to believe that their person of interest would not be able to set any more fires.
Fire officials say those suspected arsons caused more than $150,000 in damage.
District Attorney Pete Hautzinger said he has received the case file and is looking into it, but had no other information to give about the case at this time.
Officials are not releasing the suspect's name at this time.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus