UPDATE: Cleaning Supplies Caused House Fire

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email

An early morning fire sent one person to the hospital and caused thousands of dollars in damage. Fire officials say it was all because of cleaning supplies that weren't correctly discarded.

The fire started in the basement of this home on White Avenue in downtown Grand Junction at 1:30 Monday morning.

Fire officials are now saying that the fire started because of chemicals left on cleaning rags that spontaneously combusted.

One person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries from the blaze.

The fire department estimates about $15,000 worth of damage to the house and items inside.

The fire department would like to remind everyone of the importance of properly discarding all materials that re used in cleaning, staining or finishing products.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 47204022 - nbc11news.com/a?a=47204022