The family of 28-year-old Steven Dowdy is trying to raise money to bring his body home to Grand Junction.
Cache County deputies say 28–year–old Steven Dowdy and 10–year–old Darian Thomlinson were found dead in their tent just after 7:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
Investigators say the family friends were camping in the Blacksmith Fork Canyon area near Hyrum, Utah for a paintball tournament with about 200 other people.
Cache County deputies found a propane heater inside the tent and believe the two died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Authorities say you should never put a heater directly in your tent and if possible, try to find other ways to stay warm.
You can send money to donate to the family at the Ariel Clinical Center on 2938 North Avenue in Grand Junction.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.