Fire guts a house on Pitkin Avenue

By: Cecile Juliette Email
By: Cecile Juliette Email

It took Grand Junction firefighters less than 10 minutes to knock down a structure fire that burned a house at 319 Pitkin Avenue.

The call came in just before 2:30 a.m. Wednesday. Witnesses say smoke and flames were shooting out of the windows.

The man who rents the house was getting ready to move out, and there were boxes everywhere. He says he woke up in the middle of the night and his living room was on fire.

He had to crawl out of his bedroom window to escape the smoke and flames.

According to the Grand Junction Fire Department, the fire caused about $70,000 in damages. The Red Cross was called in to assist the renter.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 49593417