Fireworks may have been what caused a fire to flare up in Clifton.
Just after five Friday evening, the Clifton Fire Department responded to the fire burning just off 33 Rd. When crews first arrived the flames were as high as 10 feet and threatening several homes.
The fire burned a small area and firefighters were able to prevent any damage to property.
They haven't determined an exact cause at this time, but officials with the Clifton Fire Department say neighbors near by told them they saw someone shooting off fireworks in the area.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus