A Grand Junction man can thank his alert neighbor for possibly saving his home and his life.
According to the Grand Junction Fire Department, a man was cooking early Wednesday morning at a home on North 12th Street when he fell asleep on the couch.
A sharp-nosed neighbor called 911, and tried to wake the sleeping neighbor. When firefighters showed up and pounded on the door, the man finally woke up. Firefighters were able to put out the small fire which was confined to a pan on the stove.
No one was injured.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus