Material spontaneously combusts, causing Clifton garage fire

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email

Clifton firefighters say a metal can had an unidentified material in it and it spontaneously combusted overnight, causing some damage to a garage.

It happened just before 4 a.m. on Forelle Street in Clifton.

Clifton Fire responded with one fire truck, and firefighters were able to knock down the flames in a matter of minutes.

They say the homeowner was awake, and tried to remove several items from the garage while it was on fire. He had to be treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

He and his dog are expected to be fine. No word yet on how much damage the fire caused.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 57233277 - nbc11news.com/a?a=57233277