When Labor Day rolls around most look forward to a memorable weekend, but one local family had a holiday to forget after eating a squirmy rack of ribs.
The Ramirez family couldn't have asked for a better weekend, especially with some spare ribs on the menu.
"I love ribs, man," says Armando Ramirez. "I can 'que em up all day."
And barbeque he did.
As soon as they were done, he says he scarfed them down until his son noticed something peculiar.
Something long, and somewhat plump, Armando told him it's just a vein.
He quickly starting wondering about this "vein." "As I started eating, I said to myself, 'I've never seen a vein in a rib.'"
Then it hit him, "This is not a vein, it's a worm!"
Ramirez froze the evidence and showed us what he saved, a rib with a worm right on top, not exactly the seasoning the Ramirez's had in mind.
He said he bought it at City Market in Clifton, and he called their manager.
The workers at the actual store couldn't discuss it, but we were able to get ahold of their parent company, King Soopers.
One of their customer service representatives says an infestation is possible.
Ramirez was offered his money back, and he learned an important lesson, check your products before you cook.
The government has a new Web site designed for food safety, it has all the latest on food safety and food recalls from all federal government agencies.
To visit it, click on the link below.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus