Power strip smokes up Central High School

Fire crews responded to a local high school last night on report of some heavy smoke at Central High School.

The incident didn’t cause any serious damage and school will be in session Monday.

Fire crews say an overloaded power strip is likely to blame for the fire.

Just after 8 p.m. Sunday Grand Junction and Clifton Fire Departments responded to Central High School to a report of fire in a science classroom on the second floor.

Once inside they found a burned out power strip.

There was no major damage to the building.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 63996927 - nbc11news.com/a?a=63996927