Candle starts Redlands house fire

REDLANDS, Colo. (KKCO) - A close call for a Grand Junction family after their house catches on fire.

Officials say the fire at 2366 Rana Road in the Ridges started when a candle fell over on a mantle.

The flames then spread to the inside of a wall near the chimney.

Damage is estimated at around $3,000.

Firefighters say as the holidays approach, more and more people will be lighting candles and this should serve as a reminder to be careful if you do.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 71610077 - nbc11news.com/a?a=71610077