Chimney malfunction leaves Clifton family homeless for Thanksgiving

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - A Clifton house fire leaves family without home to live in one day before Thanksgiving.

According to the Clifton Fire Department, a family on 496 30 3/4 Road had a fire going in their fireplace.

They say there was a piece of wood in the wall behind the fireplace that overheated and caught fire.

The family was able to escape safely, but the house was seriously damaged by smoke and fire.

There is no word yet on the damage estimate. The Red Cross was called in to assist.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 73447937 - nbc11news.com/a?a=73447937