Heater to blame for Palisade fire

By: KKCO Email
By: KKCO Email

PALISADE, Colo. (KKCO) - In Palisade a heater is to blame for a fire at a four-plex.

Monday night firefighters were called to a home on 2nd Street after someone reported seeing smoke inside.

Investigators say insulation was up too close to the heater, which may have ignited the fire.

Damage is estimated at around $15,000. No one was injured in the blaze.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Ken Location: Palisade on Dec 29, 2009 at 07:18 PM
    The fire was located in a tri plex. The fire was cause by furnance NOT a heater. Owners were not contacted by reported on site. Units were located on 2nd St. cudos for 1 correct bit of info!!!
KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 80271082 - nbc11news.com/a?a=80271082
Gray Television, Inc.