CLIFTON, Colo. (KKCO) - Debbie Staats is mourning the loss of her husband, Bruce, and is still in shock of what she witnessed Saturday morning.
Debbie Staats says she can't believe that one minute she was having a normal Saturday night with her husband.
"Just our usual, watching TV and stuff," says Staats, widow.
And the next minute, he was gone.
"All of a sudden I heard a big Kaboom," says Staats.
When she went to go check it out she couldn't believe her eyes.
"It was dark and I could see flames up here and there," says Staats.
On the floor was her husband Bruce. Covered in flames, but still alive.
"Going ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh. Making these weird noises," says Staats.
Staats rushed to wake her son, in hopes he could help her put out the fire.
"I tried to put it out with the fire extinguisher and I couldn't do it," says Staats.
It was too late for Bruce.
"We knew he was gone," says Staats.
Staats says she doesn't know how her husband caught fire, but she is going to try to remember the good times.
"He was a very, very good man. A wonderful provider, and he loved me and I loved him," says Staats.
But she can't help worry about her future.
"My son says he's going to take care of me," says Staats.
The Red Cross Disaster Action Team is putting Staats up in a hotel for the next week. If you would like to help the Staats, please contact the Red Cross at (970) 242-4851.