2-3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
Fresh tomatoes (chopped)
Fresh garlic (chopped)
1/4 cup half and half cream
Directions for soup:
1. Put 2-3 tbs. of olive oil into a large pot and heat.
2. Throw in garlic and oregano (if you like more, add more, if you like less, add less.)
3. Add fresh cut tomatoes (the number depends on your preference) and let them cook down for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in half and half and serve.
Directions for cheesy bread:
1. Cut a loaf of ciabatta in half.
2. Spread slices of your favorite cheese on top (Brunella uses fontina).
3. Sprinkle a mix of Italian herbs like oregano, rosemary, basil, thyme, sage, etc. on top.
4. Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted.
5. Cut into triangles and serve with the soup.