Clifton camper goes up in flames

By: News Desk Email
By: News Desk Email

CLIFTON, Colo. (KKCO) -- A family finishes final preparations to go camping and that is when they discovered their trailer was on fire.

Around 10:20 a.m., Clifton firefighters were called to the residence where the trailer was located.

According to fire officials, the owner of the camper was getting ready to drop off his animals at a friend's house before his camping trip and that is when he noticed the camper was on fire.

"We noticed some smoke, a little bit of fire, extinguished the fire. Currently at this time it's under investigation," said Todd Gettbehuet of the Clifton Fire Department.

There were no injuries and no one was inside the camper at the time of the fire. The trailer had smoke and fire damage.

The owners of the camper declined to comment.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 221952441 - nbc11news.com/a?a=221952441
Gray Television, Inc.