Elderly GarCo residents get help with dental care

By: Andie Adams Email
By: Andie Adams Email

GARFIELD COUNTY, Colo. (KKCO) -- As many residents age and deal with increasing medical bills, dental care gets put on hold, often because it is too expensive.

Now, elderly residents of Garfield County can get some help from the Old Age Pension Dental Program, as long as they receive Old Age Pension (OAP) medical assistance.

The program provides dental services -- like dentures, denture repair and preventative/restorative oral treatments-- that may be too costly.

To apply for OAP benefits, you must be 60 years or older and a resident of Colorado, and you must apply in your county of residence. You also have to prove your U.S. citizenship, either through a birth certificate, naturalized citizenship or legal immigration papers.

You can enroll in the dental program until June 30, 2013.

For more information about the OAP Dental Program, call the Garfield County Department of Human Services at 970-625-5282 or click the website links below.

Eagle and Pitkin counties have similar programs, which you can reach at the following numbers: Eagle County Human Services is 970-328-8888, and Pitkin County Human Services is 970-704-2777.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 200431531 - nbc11news.com/a?a=200431531
Gray Television, Inc.