Family narrowly escapes Redlands fire

By: KKCO Email
By: KKCO Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo (KKCO) -- A woman and her son escape with their pets after the roof of their home catches fire.

Authorities responded to the house on Quail Drive just before noon Sunday.

Four engines worked for 15 minutes to extinguish the fire, then spent another hour mopping up the scene.

The resident says there were Christmas decorations and business records stored in the attic, many of which are believed to have been lost.

Fortunately there were no injuries in the fire, and right now authorities believe an electrical problem ignited the flames.

The fire department advises people to watch the amount of things they store in their attics, as it can add fuel to a fire.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 172033911 - nbc11news.com/a?a=172033911
Gray Television, Inc.