Fire burns Country Inns' rooms and attic

By: KKCO Email
By: KKCO Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) -- Several guests at the Country Inns of America were evacuated just after midnight.

An early morning fire sparked on the second floor of the Horizon Drive hotel and quickly spread into the walls and attic of the building.

Five engines and 25 firefighters worked to extinguish the flames.

They were able to contain the fire to the walls, attic and two of the hotel rooms.

A few other rooms received water and smoke damage.

The guests who were evacuated were relocated to other rooms within the hotel. No one was injured, and the blaze is still under investigation.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 177248511 - nbc11news.com/a?a=177248511
Gray Television, Inc.