ORCHARD MESA, Colo. (KKCO) -- An fire in Orchard Mesa completely destroyed a building just before noon Sunday.
According to the Central Orchard Mesa Fire Department fire chief, a call came in at 11:40 a.m. about an outdoor building at 3171 B Road on fire.
The property owner had allegedly been welding something inside the building when a spark caught nearby material on fire. The man was inside his house when he heard an explosion, and he emerged to see the building engulfed in flames.
The metal, 50 x 60 foot building was a total loss, estimated at $150,000. Everything inside -- worth about $350,000 -- was also destroyed.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.