Fire lights in elevator room of Grand Villa

By: Andie Adams Email
By: Andie Adams Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) -- An electrical fire ignites Friday morning at a senior living community.

Grand Junction firefighters received a report of smoke around 7:30 a.m. at 1501 Patterson Road, according to fire Battalion Chief John Williams. The caller also said the elevator was not working.

The first crew on scene found the source of the smoke in the elevator room, where an electrical box had sparked and caused flames. The smoke had traveled up the elevator shaft into the main building.

Firefighters took care of the fire with a dry chemical extinguisher.

Crews and staff did not order an evacuation, and all of the Grand Villa residents have been accounted for. No one was in the elevator when it shut down.

The elevator company and an electrician have been called to fix the issues as soon as possible, since that is the only elevator in the building.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 170703066 - nbc11news.com/a?a=170703066
Gray Television, Inc.