GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) -- An electrical fire ignites Friday morning at a senior living community.
Grand Junction firefighters received a report of smoke around 7:30 a.m. at 1501 Patterson Road, according to fire Battalion Chief John Williams. The caller also said the elevator was not working.
The first crew on scene found the source of the smoke in the elevator room, where an electrical box had sparked and caused flames. The smoke had traveled up the elevator shaft into the main building.
Firefighters took care of the fire with a dry chemical extinguisher.
Crews and staff did not order an evacuation, and all of the Grand Villa residents have been accounted for. No one was in the elevator when it shut down.
The elevator company and an electrician have been called to fix the issues as soon as possible, since that is the only elevator in the building.
Designed by Gray Digital Media