Smoke rises from roof of local business

By: Andie Adams Email
By: Andie Adams Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) – Firefighters rush to investigate and extinguish an early morning fire at TurnKey Consulting.

Employees of the consulting firm at 2478 Patterson Road reported smoke around 7:30 Monday morning.

“When our folks got on scene, they noticed smoke coming from the roof, and then there as a light haze of smoke on the inside of the building,” said Grand Junction Fire Battalion Chief John Williams.

A crew climbed on the roof and discovered a fire had caught inside the heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC) unit.

Williams says it was isolated to the motor itself; it didn’t spread beyond into the duct work or onto the roof itself. No one was hurt.

According to Williams, fires in HVAC systems usually start when birds nest in the units, and the dry sticks catch on fire. However, he says this fire was probably caused by an electrical issue.

There is no estimate on the damage cost at this point.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 176263951 - nbc11news.com/a?a=176263951
Gray Television, Inc.