Grand Junction, Colo. – A small fire in a fireplace got out of hand this morning, but was contained and put out by the Grand Junction Fire Department quickly.
The call came in after 7 a.m. Saturday morning at 150 Vista Grande Road.
There were seven people in the home and five dogs at the time of the fire. The fire extended out of the fire place and began burning the interior wall of the house.
The estimated damage is $5,000 at this time. No injuries were reported.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.