Garage fire started by motorcycle hospitalizes two

By: Beejal Patel Email
By: Beejal Patel Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) A fire broke out in the garage of a home at 614 hamlet street overnight.

Crews were able to put it out and the fire was contained to the garage.

Two people were sent to the hospital with what appeared to be serious burns.

A third patient was taken to the hospital for emotional issues.

Firefighters say it started by a gas leak from a motorcycle that created a lot of vapors - which were ignited by the flames from a hot water heater.

A total of 4 people were home at the time of the fire - all were able to escape on their own with two of them suffering burns.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 225324312 -
Gray Television, Inc.