World Book Night 2013 titles:
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- City of Thieves by David Benioff
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- My Antonia by Willa Cather
- Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
- The House on Mango Street (La Casa en Mango Street) by Sandra Cisneros
- The Alchemist (El Alquimista) by Paulo Coelho
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Playing for Pizza by John Grisham
- Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster; illustrated by Jules Feiffer
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- The Tender Bar by J.R. Moehringer
- Devil in a Blue Dress by Walter Mosley
- Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson
- Population 485 by Michael Perry
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Montana Sky by Nora Roberts
- Look Again by Lisa Scottoline
- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
- The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
- Glaciers by Alexis M. Smith
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court by Mark Twain
- Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward
- Favorite American Poems in Large Print edited by Paul Negri
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) – Give the gift of literacy this spring.
Crystal Books and Gifts owner Cheryl Lucas is searching for volunteers to help hand out books on April 23, World Book Night. Book lovers need to register by Jan. 25 to be considered.
The international program seeks to put free books in the hands of light or non-readers to encourage a love of the printed word. Each year, the organization selects 20 books, and volunteers receive 20 free copies of one title to give out.
Last year, World Book Night distributed half a million books to 5,800 towns.
If you want to be a book giver, click the link below under Related Links to sign up online. Again, the deadline is Jan. 25.